Our top folding commuting bike
The XS is our top commuter folding bike, upgraded to 10 speeds. When it comes to commuter folding bicycles, we do it better than anyone. The XS has a rear rack that give you plenty of room to carry all of your stuff. With frame geometry similar to the high-end 9FS , the XS is a rock-solid bike. We use standard bike parts, hence swapping parts is easy. Other folding manufacturers use proprietary parts, which are sometimes impossible to replace.
To make the XS comfortable, we have added an adjustable front suspension fork. The suspension will soak up the rough roads. The saddle has a love channel to keep stress away from your private parts. Plush tires also help smooth out the ride.
Once you try using the brakes of the XS, you'll notice how powerful they are. The XS comes fitted with high-end two finger Tektro levers (with a comfort rubber grip) Tektro V brakes are matched with machined sidewall rims. The textured rim surface is an essential for ultimate braking performance. Other manufacturers still use slick rims which allow the brakes to slide on the rims surface, our setup is simply superior. The XS is also disc brake ready with 6-bolt interfaces on both front and rear hubs, and cable stops for discs.
For easy customization of the bike’s fit, we've added min-bar ends and high-rise handlebars. These allow an adjustable fit without hindering the super compact fold. The rise handlebar can be rotated to get 1.5" of adjust-ability in any direction. Additionally, the bar end adjustment allows the rider the ultimate custom fit.
Our low-cost, high-value customer direct business model means that our bikes are not only of the highest quality, but are also a unique value. If you are looking for a top-tier commuter bike at a bargain price, the XS is ideal.
- Folded size: approx. 13" x 24" x 34"
- Weight: 28 lbs (w/o pedals, saddle, accessories )
- Folding time: 10 sec
- Rider Height: 4'9"-6'4"
- Gear inches: 28-88
- Rider Weight: 255 lbs max.
- Front suspension fork by Zoom with transarch and preload adjustment
- 10 speed Microshift drivetrain (including trigger shifter) with 11-34 cassette & 52T chainring
- Front and rear plastic fenders
- Front derailleur braze-on will allow one to turn it into a 30sp bike.
- Tektro brakes, and levers
- 24/28H Disc hubs (front and rear) with disc mounts on the frame
- Machined sidewall rims
- Integrated threadless headset
- Head tube and seat tube interface for bags, pumps, or battery packs
- Lighter stem which folds thinner and includes an aluminum dial
- Powder coat paint with clear coat on top.
- Upgraded Tektro brake levers with textured grip
- Frame interface for pump on the rear of seat tube
- Upgraded kickstand mount
- Cold forged cranks ( it will accept two chainrings )
- Sealed cartridge bottom bracket
- Preload adjustable trans-arch suspension fork
- Rear disc tabs
- Lightweight and easy to fold alloy pedals
- Alloy and stainless frame and stem quick releases
- Lowest price 10 speed folder brand in the world, all others cost over $1000!
- 1.5" front tire for low rolling resistance with 1.75" rear for traction
- Stainless steel spokes
- Mini bar-ends (Many folding bikes are difficult to steer, and bar-ends solve this problem.)
- Folding left and right pedals for compactness
- Plastic chain ring cover to keep dirt off your chain (It also keeps the chain from falling off.)
- Extra-wide rise handlebars allow the rider to stretch out and feel comfortable. Rotating the rise bars can push the rider towards the saddle (for upright comfort riding) or away from the saddle (for more aggressive riding).
- Super soft comfortable grips
- Adjustable height stem allows bike to be used by kids and adults
- Front and rear Quick Release skewers to quickly remove either wheel
- Braze-ons to allow a water bottle cage or pump ( not included )
- Braze-ons for a rack ( not included )
- Interface for fenders ( not included )
|FRAME||Downtube Aluminum frame|
|FORK||HL Corp CH-190AMS 20" alloy suspension fork|
|HANDLEBAR||HL Corp. MTB-AL-153PP W:580 alloy|
|HANDLEBAR STEM||ZHD W9+ZHD-S01,lower stem 28.6x38.1x265L|
|BAR ENDS||Kalloy BE-21 alloy L:80mm|
|GRIPS||Jie Li JL-311/312 110/80mm|
|SEAT POST||HL Corp. SP-233 alloy 30.4x500mmL|
|SEAT PIN||Yen Yue|
|B.B. PARTS||Sealed ISIS style|
|CHAINWHEEL||SOLID-242PP-F steel single 1/2"x3/32"*52T|
|CRANK||Prowheel 170mmL alloy|
|CHAIN GUARD||Plastic double guard|
|PEDALS||Wellgo FP-7 alloy hi-impact body, foldable, 9/16" axle|
|CHAIN||KMC Z10000, 1/2"x11/128"x116 links|
|TIRES||Kenda F:20"x 1.5" R:20"x1.75"|
|RIMS||HJC DA-17 alloy Double F:20"x1.50" 14Gx24H R:20"x1.50 32H CNC|
|SPOKES & NIPPLES||14G*56 pcs,45#stainless braze nipples|
|FRONT HUB||Quando KT-MD7F ( disc front hub )|
|REAR HUB||Quando KT-TR8R ( rear disc hub )|
|R/DERAILLEUR||Microshift 10sp ( mid cage )|
|SHIFTER(S)||Microshift 10 speed ( trigger shifters )|
|FRONT BRAKE||Tektro MINI-10 V-Brake 55MM shoes|
|REAR BRAKE (I)||Tektro MINI-10 V-Brake 55MM shoes|
|BRAKE LEVERS||Tektro RS392A, alloy levers w/alloy black clamp|
XS Features Video
XS Folding and Unfolding Video
6 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I spent an embarrassingly long time shopping for a folding bike - nearly a year - after I started a new job in a building that didn't welcome bike commuters. During that process I compared every bike available under $700, and I learned the difference between frame metals, freewheels versus cassettes, optimal number of gears given my rides, folding mechanism... everything. The 9s is a bike that punches far above its weight on price - it's several hundred dollars less than other name-brand bikes with comparable specifications, and it's way, WAY more functional than anything anywhere near the same price range. This was an excellent purchase, and I highly recommend this bike.
Produto muito bom! Parabéns!
Great bike, folds down small. It carries all my gear, and the rear fender, rack, and kickstand are perfect.
After many searches to find the best affordable folder, I found it here. 9 speeds, front shock and many other well designed features for commuting and touring in one single model is very impressive ! Bravo Downtube !
After hours and hours of researching folding bikes, I bought a 2008 Downtube 9sp front suspension. It's 2014 and haven't had one issue with the bike outside the normal wear and tear in six years. I'm 200+ lbs and jump curbs with no hesitation...still not one issue. The only other folder I would buy is the Brompton, but at $1400...that isn't happening. Downtube still stands out amongst it's competitors six years later. Better design, better build, and the best value folder on the market.
I bought a 2011 Dahon Speed D7. For a Good price. The bike was hardly used. Not too many Folders in Memphis,Tn.USA.Then I purchased a 2013 Downtube Silver 9 from Downtube online. Yan had the bike shipped in two business days.The difference between the two bikes is like Day & Night! The Dahon rides stiff,makes noises,uncomfortable under geared with 7 speed. and throws chains with it's low end components.The Silver 9 right out the box(very minor adjustments)rode like a Dream. This is a wonderfully designed Bike. I love everything about it. All it needs is a matching front fender.I am going to use my Dahon when I travel on the road.I am going to keep my Downtube at home to be ridden in Class & Style.( It's a Chick Bike) The Ladies go Crazy over this Gem.I want to thank Yan Lyansky.For creating this masterpiece of a wonderful Bike.Thank You Yan! David Whitten. Memphis, Tennessee. USA.