The 9S is the best commuter bicycle that we have. When it comes to great commuter bicycles, we do it better than anyone.
Designed to be the ultimate commuter’s bike, the 9S come packed with features that will make it the best commuter bike you ever try. The bike has a rear rack and a rear fender that give you so much room to carry all of your stuff around. With frame geometry similar to the high-end 9FS bicycle, the 9S is one rock-solid commuter bike.
To make the 9S even more comfortable, we have added an adjustable front fork. Looking for a bike that stops on a dime? This 9 Silver Suspension folding bike is what you are looking for. Thanks to its quick release hubs, commuting is a much easier and smoother process.
At Downtube, we design and build some of the world’s best multi-purpose bikes. Our bikes are designed to fit your lifestyle, not the other way around. Since quality and comfort are on the top of our priorities, the 9S comes fitted with the highest quality pieces on the market.
Once you try using the brakes of the 9S, you’ll notice how powerful they are. The 9FS comes fitted with high-end two finger Tektro levers (with a comfort rubber grip) Tektro V brakes and matching double-wall aluminum-machined sidewall rims.
The textured rim surface is an essential factor for ultimate braking performance. With other manufacturers still use slick rims which allow the brakes to slide on the rims surface, our system is simply superior. This bike is also disc brake ready with 6-bolt interfaces on both front and rear hubs, and cable stops for discs.
The 9S stock brake system is ideal for the majority of customers, and better for travelers. Please read our disc vs. V-brake article to decide which is best for you. Overall, the quality brakes make stopping as smooth as possible.
For easy customization of the bike’s fit, we’ve added min-bar ends and high-rise handlebars that allow the fit to be customized without interfering with the fold. Since we use standard bike parts, upgrading the 9S is an easy process.
Our foldable bikes are designed and built with your comfort in mind. Our low-cost, high-value business model means that our bikes are not only of the highest quality, but also are a value for money that you won’t find elsewhere.
If you are looking for a top-tier commuter bike at a bargain price, the 9S is the best deal you’ll ever come across.
- Front suspension fork by Zoom with transarch and preload adjustment
- 9sp Sunrace M93 drivetrain (including trigger shifter) with 11-32 cassette and 48T chainring
- Front derailleur braze-on will allow one to turn it into a 27sp bike.
- Upgraded Tektro brakes, and levers
- 24/28H Disc hubs (front and rear) with disc mounts on the frame
- Machined sidewall rims
- Integrated threadless headset
- Head tube and seat tube interface for bags, pumps, or battery packs
- Lighter stem which folds thinner and includes an aluminum dial
- Upgraded BB
- Lighter fork
- Powder coat paint with clear coat on top.
- Upgraded Tektro brake levers with textured grip
- Frame interface for pump on the rear of seat tube
- Upgraded kickstand mount
- Cold forged cranks ( it will accept two chainrings )
- Sealed cartridge bottom bracket
- Preload adjustable transarch suspension fork
- Rear disc tabs
- Lightweight and easy to fold alloy pedals
- Alloy and stainless frame and stem quick releases
- Lowest price 9 speed folder brand in the world, all others cost over $1000!
- 1.5" front tire for low rolling resistance with 1.75" rear for traction
- Stainless steel spokes
- Mini bar-ends (Many folding bikes are difficult to steer, and barends solve this problem.)
- Folding left and right pedals for compactness
- Plastic chain ring cover to keep dirt off your chain (It also keeps the chain from falling off.)
- Ding-a-ling bell
- Extra-wide rise handlebars allow the rider to stretch out and feel comfortable. Rotating the rise bars can push the rider towards the saddle (for upright comfort riding) or away from the saddle (for more aggressive riding).
- Super soft comfortable grips
- Adjustable height stem allows bike to be used by kids and adults
- Front and rear Quick Release skewers to quickly remove either wheel
- Velo saddle
- Braze-ons to allow a water bottle cage or pump
Folded size: approx. 13" x 24" x 35"
Weight: 26.5 lbs (w/o rack pedals, saddle )
Folding time: 10 sec
Rider Height: 4'9"-6'4"
Rider Weight: 255 lbs max.
Frame: Xtra-Light Aluminum frame
Fork: Zoom fork with disc tabs for disc brakes
Saddle: Velo saddle
Seat post: Kalin 500mm Aluminum seat post
Brakes: Tektro Aluminum V brakes with strong springs
Brake Levers: Tektro Aluminum Brake levers
Front wheel: Quando 24H QR disc hub with double wall rim
Rear Wheel: Quando 28H QR disc cassette hub with double wall rim
Tires: Kenda 20 x 1.5" front and 20 x 1.75" rear
Shifters: Sun Race 9sp triggers
Cassette: Sun Race 9sp 11-32
Derailleur: Sun Race M93 9sp
Cranks: Prowheel aluminum 170mm 48T with chain guard
Pedals: Folding right and left
Folding and Unfolding new 2017 9S
Features of new 2017 9S
30 day satisfaction guarantee on all Downtube bikes.
Please see our terms and conditions for details.