Our top folding commuting bike
The 9S is our top commuter folding bike. When it comes to commuter folding bicycles, we do it better than anyone. The 9S has a rear rack that give you plenty of room to carry all of your stuff. With frame geometry similar to the high-end 9FS , the 9S is a rock-solid bike. We use standard bike parts, hence swapping parts is easy. Other folding manufacturers use proprietary parts, which are sometimes impossible to replace.
To make the 9S comfortable, we have added an adjustable front suspension fork. The suspension will soak up the rough roads. The saddle has a love channel to keep stress away from your private parts. Plush tires also help smooth out the ride.
Once you try using the brakes of the 9S, you'll notice how powerful they are. The 9S comes fitted with high-end two finger Tektro levers (with a comfort rubber grip) Tektro V brakes are matched with machined sidewall rims. The textured rim surface is an essential for ultimate braking performance. Other manufacturers still use slick rims which allow the brakes to slide on the rims surface, our setup is simply superior. The 9S is also disc brake ready with 6-bolt interfaces on both front and rear hubs, and cable stops for discs.
For easy customization of the bike’s fit, we've added min-bar ends and high-rise handlebars. These allow an adjustable fit without hindering the super compact fold. The rise handlebar can be rotated to get 1.5" of adjust-ability in any direction. Additionally, the bar end adjustment allows the rider the ultimate custom fit.
Our low-cost, high-value customer direct business model means that our bikes are not only of the highest quality, but are also a unique value. If you are looking for a top-tier commuter bike at a bargain price, the 9S is ideal.
- Folded size: approx. 13" x 24" x 35"
- Weight: 27.5 lbs (w/o rack pedals, saddle )
- Folding time: 10 sec
- Rider Height: 4'9"-6'4"
- Gear inches: 23.1-71.3
- Rider Weight: 255 lbs max.
- Front suspension fork by Zoom with transarch and preload adjustment
- 9sp Sunrace M90 drivetrain (including trigger shifter) with 11-34 cassette & 42T chainring
- Aluminum rack & kickstand included
- Front and rear plastic fenders
- Front derailleur braze-on will allow one to turn it into a 27sp bike.
- Tektro brakes, and levers
- 24/28H Disc hubs (front and rear) with disc mounts on the frame
- Machined sidewall rims
- Integrated threadless headset
- Head tube and seat tube interface for bags, pumps, or battery packs
- Lighter stem which folds thinner and includes an aluminum dial
- Powder coat paint with clear coat on top.
- Upgraded Tektro brake levers with textured grip
- Frame interface for pump on the rear of seat tube
- Upgraded kickstand mount
- Cold forged cranks ( it will accept two chainrings )
- Sealed cartridge bottom bracket
- Preload adjustable transarch suspension fork
- Rear disc tabs
- Lightweight and easy to fold alloy pedals
- Alloy and stainless frame and stem quick releases
- Lowest price 9 speed folder brand in the world, all others cost over $1000!
- 1.5" front tire for low rolling resistance with 1.75" rear for traction
- Stainless steel spokes
- Mini bar-ends (Many folding bikes are difficult to steer, and barends solve this problem.)
- Folding left and right pedals for compactness
- Plastic chain ring cover to keep dirt off your chain (It also keeps the chain from falling off.)
- Extra-wide rise handlebars allow the rider to stretch out and feel comfortable. Rotating the rise bars can push the rider towards the saddle (for upright comfort riding) or away from the saddle (for more aggressive riding).
- Super soft comfortable grips
- Adjustable height stem allows bike to be used by kids and adults
- Front and rear Quick Release skewers to quickly remove either wheel
- Braze-ons to allow a water bottle cage or pump
|FRAME||Downtube Aluminum frame|
|FORK||HL Corp CH-190AMS 20" alloy suspension fork|
|HANDLEBAR||HL Corp. MTB-AL-153PP W:580 alloy|
|HANDLEBAR STEM||ZHD W9+ZHD-S01,lower stem 28.6x38.1x265L|
|BAR ENDS||Kalloy BE-21 alloy L:80mm|
|GRIPS||Jie Li JL-311/312 110/80mm|
|SEAT POST||HL Corp. SP-233 alloy 30.4x500mmL|
|SEAT PIN||Yen Yue|
|B.B. PARTS||VP Comp.|
|CHAINWHEEL||SOLID-242PP-F steel single 1/2"x3/32"*42T|
|CRANK||Prowheel 170mmL alloy|
|CHAIN GUARD||Plastic double guard|
|PEDALS||Wellgo FP-7 alloy hi-impact body, foldable, 9/16" axle|
|CHAIN||KMC Z9000, 1/2"x11/128"x116 links|
|TIRES||Kenda F:20"x 1.5" R:20"x1.75"|
|RIMS||HJC DA-17 alloy Double F:20"x1.50" 14Gx24H R:20"x1.50 32H CNC|
|SPOKES & NIPPLES||14G*56 pcs,45#stainless braze nipples|
|FRONT HUB||Quando KT-MD7F ( disc front hub )|
|REAR HUB||Quando KT-TR8R ( rear disc hub )|
|R/DERAILLEUR||Sun Race RDM97-LD ( Long cage )|
|SHIFTER(S)||Sun Race DLM93-9R ( trigger shifters )|
|Cassette||Sun Race 11-34|
|FRONT BRAKE||Tektro MINI-10 V-Brake 55MM shoes|
|REAR BRAKE (I)||Tektro MINI-10 V-Brake 55MM shoes|
|BRAKE LEVERS||Tektro RS392A, alloy levers w/alloy black clamp|