The Downtube 9S is equipped with 9 speed front suspension. When it comes to a commuter bicycle, this folding bike is our top seller. You will be blown away with this bike and its potential as a great commuting apparatus. Similar to the frame geometry of the 9FS, this baby is exactly what commuters are looking for. A rear rack and rear fender added makes a whole difference because it allows commuters more room. The rack is one of the things that commuters will appreciate because it allows them to haul all their gear.
For additional comfort, we added the adjustable front fork. Looking for a bike that stops on a dime? Consider this 9 Silver Suspension folding bike. The quick release hubs make commuting so much easier.
By designing some of the most resourceful and multi-purpose bikes on the earth, we provide you with the ability to select just how you want to ride. Our folding bicycles can adjust the way that you ride. They provide the performance you need with a portable twist to your experience. During our design phase, we place a lot of emphasis on quality and comfort. We don’t sacrifice the critical elements of a bike. We make it to fit your lifestyle.
We have included some incredible features that include the integrated headset, aluminum frame, rear fender, rack and removable frame protector.
High-end Tektro V brakes & two finger levers are matched with double-wall aluminum machined sidewall rims, meaning that this bike stops FAST, since the brakes can engage on a textured surface. Free standard upgrades include the water bottle braze-on (water bottle cage not included) and headtube bag interface. The bike is fully disc-ready, and we incorporated the disc hubs, which accept 6 bolt rotors, frame tabs for disc, and disc cable routing. A front derailleur braze-on with cable routing allows riders to quickly and easily turn this bike into a 27speed bike. We also add mini-bar ends and high-rise handlebars which allow the rider to customize the fit without any interference with the fold. We use standard bike parts so that when you are ready to upgrade, it is a breeze!
Folding bikes are our expertise. We do it better because bikes come naturally to us. In addition, when designing our bikes, we have YOU in mind the whole time. So why wouldn’t you trust us? You really should! We have your best interest at heart and so does this bike. Buy it NOW and see for yourself. It is time to go for a test ride, but only when you have had the bike delivered right to your doorstep. Order today!
- Front suspension fork by Zoom with transarch and preload adjustment
- 9sp Sunrace M93 drivetrain (including trigger shifter) with 11-32 cassette and 48T chainring
- Front derailleur braze-on will allow one to turn it into a 27sp bike.
- Upgraded Tektro brakes, and levers
- 24/28H Disc hubs (front and rear) with disc mounts on the frame
- Machined sidewall rims
- Integrated threadless headset
- Head tube and seat tube interface for bags, pumps, or battery packs
- Lighter stem which folds thinner and includes an aluminum dial
- Upgraded BB
- Lighter fork
- Powder coat paint with clear coat on top.
- Upgraded Tektro brake levers with textured grip
- Frame interface for pump on the rear of seat tube
- Upgraded kickstand mount
- Cold forged cranks ( it will accept two chainrings )
- Sealed cartridge bottom bracket
- Preload adjustable transarch suspension fork
- Rear disc tabs
- Lightweight and easy to fold alloy pedals
- Alloy and stainless frame and stem quick releases
- Lowest price 9 speed folder brand in the world, all others cost over $1000!
- 1.5" front tire for low rolling resistance with 1.75" rear for traction
- Stainless steel spokes
- Mini bar-ends (Many folding bikes are difficult to steer, and barends solve this problem.)
- Folding left and right pedals for compactness
- Plastic chain ring cover to keep dirt off your chain (It also keeps the chain from falling off.)
- Ding-a-ling bell
- Extra-wide rise handlebars allow the rider to stretch out and feel comfortable. Rotating the rise bars can push the rider towards the saddle (for upright comfort riding) or away from the saddle (for more aggressive riding).
- Super soft comfortable grips
- Adjustable height stem allows bike to be used by kids and adults
- Front and rear Quick Release skewers to quickly remove either wheel
- Velo saddle
- Braze-ons to allow a water bottle cage or pump
Folded size: approx. 13" x 24" x 35"
Weight: 26.5 lbs (w/o rack pedals, saddle )
Folding time: 10 sec
Rider Height: 4'9"-6'4"
Rider Weight: 255 lbs max.
Frame: Xtra-Light Aluminum frame
Fork: Zoom fork with disc tabs for disc brakes
Saddle: Velo saddle
Seat post: Kalin 500mm Aluminum seat post
Brakes: Tektro Aluminum V brakes with strong springs
Brake Levers: Tektro Aluminum Brake levers
Front wheel: Quando 24H QR disc hub with double wall rim
Rear Wheel: Quando 28H QR disc cassette hub with double wall rim
Tires: Kenda 20 x 1.5" front and 20 x 1.75" rear
Shifters: Sun Race 9sp triggers
Cassette: Sun Race 9sp 11-32
Derailleur: Sun Race M93 9sp
Cranks: Prowheel aluminum 170mm 48T with chain guard
Pedals: Folding right and left
Folding and Unfolding new 2017 9S
Features of new 2017 9S
30 day satisfaction guarantee on all Downtube bikes.
Please see our terms and conditions for details.