The 8S is a foldable bike that combines comfort and speed at an affordable price. Thanks to its state-of-the-art front suspension system and small wheels, the 8S is one of the most comfortable folding bikes you’ll ever try. With the same aluminum frame as the top-selling 9S, the 8S is as solid as it is comfortable.
In addition to being super comfortable to drive around, the 8S has an 11-32 rear cassette, which allows its rider to climb steep hills with ease. In addition to peak performance at steep roads, the rear cassette allows the 8S to reach speeds up to 20mph. We’ve also included front derailleur braze-on with cable routing, which allows the gears to be easily expandable up to 16 or even 24 speeds, which makes its perfect for riding through mountains.
To accommodate people of different heights, the lengths of the 8S stem angle and virtual top tube can be adjusted simultaneously.
The 8S has wide handlebars and cool bar ends that make controlling it much easier. The bar’s design makes riders hold it from its end, which provides additional leverage and make turning much smoother.
When it comes to quality parts, we always provide the best value for money, even on our budget models. The 8S has a high-quality 8sp gripshift drivetrain by Microshift.
It is worth mentioning that we are the only folding car manufacturer who that uses cassettes on a $300 bike model. Cassette drivetrains provide a much smoother shifting than that of the low-end freewheels used by other manufacturers for their similarly-priced bikes.
Add to that the high-end aluminum frame, comfortable fork and small fold and you have a bike that is hard as rock and smooth as silk at the same time.
The bike’s lightweight frame, light plastic rear fender, adjustable kickstand and removable frame protector all make it a perfect commuter bike as well.
The frame of the 8S includes a headtube bag interface (check out our head tube bag system), pump interface (behind the seat tube), and water bottle braze-ons (pump and cage are not included). Installing upgrades like disc brake tabs, bag system interface, water bottle interface, kickstand, rear fender for the rain is super-easy on the 8S.
All those features are never at the cost of mobility, which is a key feature in any good foldable bike. When folded, the 8S can easily fit in any vehicle with ease.
The only reason such a bike is available for $329 is our low-cost, high-value business model which provides customers with value for money that by far exceeds that offered by any of our competitors.
- Aluminum frame
- Heavy Duty rear rack
- Rear Fender
- Front derailleur braze-on will allow one to turn it into a 24sp bike.
- Head tube and seat tube interface for bags, pumps, or battery packs
- Angle adjustable stem
- Microshift 8sp drivetrain w/trigger shifters
- Lighter fork with aluminum lowers and crown
- Preload adjustable trans-arch suspension fork
- Rear disc tabs
- Lightweight and easy to fold right pedal ( left non folding )
- Aluminium frame
- Lowest price 8-speed suspension commuter folder in the world…most others cost over $1,000!
- 24H/28H spoked front/rear wheels for light weight
- thinner 1.5" front tire for low rolling resistance
- Stainless Steel spokes
- Frame interface for pump on the rear of seat tube
- Mini bar-ends (With many folding bikes, it is difficult to steer with a long stem. Bar-ends solve this problem but make the bike difficult to fold. Not with our mini bar-ends – they are easy to turn and easy to fold!)
- Plastic chainring cover to make keep chain from getting dirt and grime in your car or storage area.
- Bell to alert pedestrians and cars
- Soft foam comfortable grips
- Adjustable height stem allows bike to be used by kids and adults
- Front and rear Quick Release skewers to quickly remove either wheel
8S Folding and Unfolding
30 day satisfaction guarantee on all Downtube bikes.
Please see our terms and conditions for details.