The 8H is our internal hub maintenance free 8 speed bike 20" wheel bike. This bike has no external shifter (aka rear derailleur), no gears (aka cogs). Never worry about improper shifting or cleaning your drivetrain. It is all enclosed in a completely sealed maintenance free environment. This bikes is almost as comfortable as our FS bike due to the front suspension fork and comfy saddle. Riders on the beach and in major metropolitan cities will love the sealed maintenance free shifting.
- 30 day satisfaction guarantee and 1 year warranty
- FREE consultation for customers requiring assistance in getting bike into
optimum condition (brake, derailleur adjustment, etc.). Please view http://www.sheldonbrown.com/canti-direct.html
New improvements for 2008/2009 include
In addition to our 2007 upgrades which included:
- 2009's receive a sealed cartridge bottom bracket
- 2009's have an upgraded stem with autoclose feature and tighter tolerances
- 2009's have a wider seattube for a stronger stiffer frame
- Preload adjustable transarch suspension fork. ( biggest upgrade for 2008 )
- Alloy lower stem
- Upgraded shifter
- Lightweight and easy to fold alloy pedals.
- Low rise bars
- Stainless Steel Chain
- Upgraded crank and Bottom Bracket
- Machined sidewall rims
- Alloy and stainless steel frame and stem quickreleases
- Higher Bottom Bracket.
- Longer Seat tube to allow for taller riders.
- Adjustable angle removable faceplate stem
- 1.5in front tire (lighter than 2006 1.75in.)
- Higher quality cables and housing
- Stainless Steel spokes
- Stronger V shaped rims
Many ask why our bikes are so cost effective. The answer is simple, we design, import, distribute, and retail our own bikes. This efficiency saves our customers 50-70% over comparable quality bikes.
The Downtube 8H was designed with safety and ease of use in mind. Features added for your comfort and convenience include:
- internal 8sp Sturmey Archer maintenance free hub
- Sub 10 second folding time.
- Mini barends. (With many folding bikes it is difficult to steer with a long
stem, barends solve this problem, but make the bike difficult to fold .
not with our mini barends - easy to turn and easy to fold!)
- Folding left and right pedals for compactness.
- Plastic chainring cover to make keep chain from getting dirt and grime in
your car or storage area. Also keeps the chain from falling off.
- Ding-a-ling bell to alert pedestrians and cars (packed in the bag)
- Extra wide handlebars to allow the rider to stretch out and feel comfortable.
- Quality comfort grips.
- Adjustable height stem allows bike to be used by kids and adults.
- Front and rear Quick Release skewers to quickly remove either wheel.
- Gel saddle
- Water bottle cage braze-ons (only bike in its class with this feature) which can also hold a pump
High quality components and design was a premium goal with
this bike. Some of the quality parts include:
- 6061 Aluminum Frame
- Front suspension transarch fork by Zoom with disc tabs
- 8 speed Sturmey Archer internal 8sp gripshift.
- 46T front chainring.
- Oversized 1 1/8in headset, for increased durability and performance.
- Quality V-brakes.
- Double wall machined sidewall 20in alloy rims.
- Quality front and rear Kenda 20in tires.
Read About Downtube's History
All buyers should get their bike checked by a professional after receipt just
to be safe. Normally the brakes may be a bit off center, which is easy to fix, and the crank
bolts should be tightened. We will give free consulting via email and Instant
messenger (AIM DowntubeY) and phone 215-245-4032 to make sure all bikes are
set up perfectly for our customers. Ideally one wants a 35 degree knee bend
at the bottom of the pedal stroke. Arms should be loose and relaxed, and the
saddle angle should be level or slightly downward sloping......whatever is most
comfortable for the rider.
Folded size: approx 30 x 60 x 81 cm (12" x 23.6" x 33")
Weight: 26.5 lbs. (25lbs w/o pedals, barends, fenders, rack, kickstand)
Folding time: 10 sec
Rider Height: 4'9"-6'2"
Rider Weight 225lb max
Frame: Xtra light Aluminum frame
Fork: Zoom transarch designed fork with disc tabs and alloy lowers
Saddle: Gel saddle
Seat post: Kalin 500mm Aluminum seat post
Brakes: Aluminum V brakes with strong springs
Brake Levers: Aluminum Brake levers
Front wheel: Quando 24H QR hub w/ machined V shaped rim
Tires: Kenda 20x1.5" front and 20x1.75" rear
Shifters: Sturmey Archer 8sp
Cranks: Prowheel aluminum 170mm 46T with chain guard
Chain: KMC Stainless Steel Chain
Pedals: Folding right and left
AK,HI and Canada shipping $80
Downtube reserves the right to change specifications without notice.