The Downtube 2009 FH is sold out( 8 speed full suspension) folding bicycle is here. Upgrades include:
- 2009 1/2's have powder coat paint with clear coat on top.
- 2009 1/2's have upgraded cable housing for rough environments
- 2009 1/2's have a kickstand mount ( kickstand not included )
- Cold Forged cranks
- Upgraded auto closing stems with tighter tolerances
- Preload adjustable transarch suspension fork.
- Alloy lower stem
- Front disc hub
- Lightweight and easy to fold alloy pedals.
- Low rise bars
- Cold forged cranks
- Stainless Steel chain
- Alloy and stainless frame and stem quick releases
- Machined sidewall rims
We believe that our product is
superior, and to insure your satisfaction we offer:
- lowest price 8 speed internal hub full suspension folder in the world!
- Adjustable angle removable faceplate stem
- 24H/28H spoke front/rear wheels for lightweight
- 1.5" front tire (lighter than 1.75")
- Replaceable 46T chainring
- Stainless Steel spokes
- 30 day satisfaction guarantee.
- FREE consultation for customers requiring assistance in getting bike into
optimum condition (brake, derailleur adjustment, etc.). Please view http://www.sheldonbrown.com/canti-direct.html
To adjust the shifter you must set the chain length under load ( while sitting on the bike ) then place the shifter in 4th gear and line up the yellow dots on the rear hub by turning the barrel adjuster.
Always in stock and ready to ship!
Many ask why our bikes are so cost effective. The answer is simple, we design, import, distribute, and retail our own bikes. This efficiency saves our customers 50-70% over comparable quality bikes.
The Downtube FH was designed with safety and ease of
use in mind. Features added for your comfort and convenience include:
- Sub 10 second folding time.
- Mini barends. (With many folding bikes it is difficult to steer with a long
stem, barends solve this problem, but make the bike difficult to fold .
not with our mini barends - easy to turn and easy to fold!)
- Folding left and right pedals for compactness.
- Plastic chainring cover to make keep chain from getting dirt and grime in
your car or storage area. Also keeps the chain from falling off.
- Ding-a-ling bell to alert pedestrians and cars (packed in the bag)
- Extra wide handlebars to allow the rider to stretch out and feel comfortable.
- Super duper soft comfortable grips.
- Adjustable height stem allows bike to be used by kids and adults.
- Front Quick Release skewers to quickly remove wheel.
- Velo "love channel" saddle.
- Water bottle cage mount (only bike in its class with this feature)
High quality components and design was a premium goal with
this bike. Some of the quality parts include:
- Aluminum frame with aluminum swingarm (FS Model)
- Front suspension fork by Zoom with transarch and preload adjustment.
- 8sp Sturmey Archer Hub
- 46T front chainring.
- Oversized 1 1/8" headset, for increased durability and performance.
- Quality V-brakes.
- Double wall 20" alloy rims.
- Quality front and rear Kenda 20" tires.
Read About Downtube's History
All buyers should get their bike checked by a professional after receipt just
to be safe. Normally the brakes may be a bit off center, which is easy to fix, and the crank
bolts should be tightened. We will give free consulting via email and Instant
messenger (AIM DowntubeY) and phone 215-245-4032 to make sure all bikes are
set up perfectly for our customers. Ideally one wants a 35 degree knee bend
at the bottom of the pedal stroke. Arms should be loose and relaxed, and the
saddle angle should be level or slightly downward sloping......whatever is most
comfortable for the rider.
Folded size: approx 30 x 60 x 81 cm (12" x 23.6" x 33") rear swingarm is removable for super compact folding (used on airplanes and boats)
Weight: 27 lbs.
Folding time: 10 sec
Rider Height: 4'9"-6'4"
Rider Weight 195lb max
Frame: Xtra light Aluminum frame and swing arm with water bottle cage braze-ons
and balance bar with 850lb coil spring shock
Fork: Zoom transarch fork with disc tabs for disc brakes
Saddle: Velo "love channel" saddle
Seat post: Kalin 500mm Aluminum seat post
Brakes: Aluminum V brakes with strong springs
Brake Levers: Aluminum Brake levers
Front wheel: Quando 24H QR hub w/Orlox V rim
Rear Wheel: Quando 28H QR cassette hub w/Orlox V rim
Tires: Kenda 20x1.5" front and 20x1.75" rear
Cranks: cold forged 170mm 46T with chain guard
Chain: KMC stainless steel
Pedals: Aluminum folding right and left
NO European shipping on 2008 FH models.
HI, AK, and Canada ship is $80